Saturday 27 January 2007

Radical Housecleaning

In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" John 2:14-16

REFLECTION
Today let’s have an honest look inside our churches, inside our houses and inside our hearts and minds… Covering up, throwing away the evidence will fool some, but not the One who knows everything about us. Deleting our browser cache and history will not help, because Someone is keeping the records and he is looking straight through our masquerades and right into our hearts.
What Would Jesus Do with our mess? Well, there’s only one way to find out: invite Him to drive out our bad desires, take away our unholy thoughts as prisoners of war and change our minds so that we long to do God's will. What if your brothers and sisters could read your mind? What if your pastor could download your memory and show your thoughts and secret desires on a big screen in church next Sunday? Scary thought, uh?

PRAYER
Dear Lord, I am a sinner and I need to protect myself against the spiritual forces that try to invade my life, overshadow my faith, steal my joy and take away my inner peace. Come into my life, strong Saviour, please do your radical housecleaning job today! I need to be made holy from the inside out! I need an extreme makeover and it has to start right here in my heart and in the dark places of my mind where nobody else is allowed to go.
I know that I am living in this fallen world, a dirty environment, and sin will always have some effects on me. But you have left some clear instructions and I do know how to clean my heart and mind. I want to be 100% honest with you, Jesus. I will keep nothing away from you, I will tell you about my struggles and vulnerabilities and I trust that you will empower me to resist them and become your holy worship warrior.

No comments: