Monday 5 November 2007

Love connection

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." (John 14:15-21)

REFLECTION

If you love Jesus, you will listen to him. And even if we can’t see our Master with human eyes, we can still feel his presence in our heart. Jesus is ‘out of sight’, but he is not ‘out of mind’. His Spirit came to guide us, comfort us, strengthen us, inspire us. There is this long-distance, wireless connection between Heaven and earth that will never let your down. Via this connection you are linked with the Father’s love and truth. And like radio waves and wireless internet, this connection is very real but also very mysterious. Yet you can rely on it, tap in to it, hook up with it and download thoughts and feelings from the Father’s heart. This flow is a constant flow – there are no technical obstacles or interruptions. If there is a connection problem, ask yourself: What is wrong on my side of the line?

PRAYER
Invisible God, nothing is as real as your love for me and nothing is as pure as your thoughts. Yes, you are holy, holy, holy. I need to stay in touch with you. I need to keep your Book at arm’s length, because I need to find out how I can keep an open line. Take away my impure thoughts, create in me a clean heart, because I want to stay connected to you. I need to receive your love before I can share it with the people around me. I need to obey your words before I can make wise decisions. Your Word instructs me to pray without ceasing and that is exactly what I intend to do. I want to obey, I want to love and I want to be loved by you. Constantly! Amen

1 comment:

Carol Douglas said...

For some reason, I am having a hard time in my faith right now. Thanks for posting these reflections, Paul. I've finally taken the time to peruse them from the last month. They really make me feel better.

Of course it's easier to respond to the more entertaining posts of your other blog, but that is because these require us to engage with the Bible.