Monday 26 March 2007

It's a fact!

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24,25

REFLECTION
The Truth proclaims the truth - No doubt about my Lord Jesus! Today I will stand firm in the faith. I hear my Saviour's words and believe that he is telling the absolute truth about his Father. I know that I am not holy and blameless in the eyes of people and I certainly know that I am not perfect in my own eyes. In my heart I still feel condemnation, but God is so much bigger than my heart! I will stand on his promises and I am not too proud to accept his gift of grace. Today I want to be a living proclamation of this truth: Jesus is alive in me!

PRAYER
Yes Father, it's a fact! Your Son spoke the truth and nothing but the truth. You gave him the words to speak and the authority to back up his statements. As if his words weren't already impressive enough, he performed signs and wonders to take away any last traces of doubt. I wholeheartedly believe in his words; I believe in his power and I have received the miracle of new life. Lord, give me the faith to stand on your promises; give me the certainty that you don’t condemn me, give me the conviction that my soul has already reached the other side of the great divide. It’s just a matter of time and all things will be restored. Thank you, mighty Father. Even as we wait for the fulfilment of your promises, we catch glimpses of the eternal glory that is awaiting us. We are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

He is alive!

Very appropriate for Lenten season as we approach Holy Week...thank you for sharing this!

Carol Douglas said...

Puts the prior passages into perspective--the miracles you've been talking about the past weeks are important only because they are the work of our Lord.

Thanks, I needed that blast of directness!